In addition to the above basic AirPlay requirements, please see the following extended requirements and our recommendations for setting up your AirPlay speaker:
- Your network router, your Libratone speaker and your audio device (computer or iOS device) must be in close range of each other with a strong network signal strength between them.
- Your network router must support the Wireless B/G/N standard (802.11b/g/n 2.4 / 5 GHz) and this option must be enabled in the router's configuration. Wireless AC standard (802.11ac) is not supported.
- Your Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) must be visible ("broadcasted") during the setup process. It must not be hidden. Once you have finished setup you may hide the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) again.
- The use of special characters or any national characters in your Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID), Wi-Fi Password or Speaker Name is not supported. If you use these characters, please replace them with alphanumeric characters only.
- Avoid using WEP encryption and TKIP security on your Wi-Fi router. We recommend WPA2 encryption and AES security.
- Your iOS device needs to run iOS 7.0 or later and your Mac/PC needs to run iTunes 10.2 or later. However, Libratone generally recommends using the latest versions of iOS and iTunes, as Apple is constantly improving AirPlay stability and functionality in newer versions.
- For best results your Wi-Fi router should run the latest firmware available.
- Libratone recommends an Apple Wi-Fi router for your AirPlay setup, as AirPlay is Apple technology.
- Use of Wi-Fi range extenders can result in various AirPlay connect and dropout issues, especially if the extender brand is different from the router brand.