Most broadband routers and other wireless access points include an optional feature called MAC address filtering, or hardware address filtering.
If you are using MAC address filtering in your network setup - you will need your Libratone speakers MAC address to connect the speaker to your router or access point.
Follow the procedures below to identify your speakers MAC address.
iPhone and iPad users
Download the free "AirPort Utility" from Apple App Store.
Enable Wi-Fi setup mode on your speaker by long pressing the lower Wi-Fi button on the backside of your speaker until you see a white blink-pulse-blink signal in the logo-button.
- Open "Settings" on your iOS device (iPhone/iPad)
- Locate and open "AirPort Utility"
- Enable Wi-Fi Scanner
- Start the "AirPort Utility" App
- Press "Wi-Fi Scan" + "Scan"
- Locate your speaker and read your speakers MAC address.
- Your New Zipp / Zipp Mini speaker must be in setup mode (indicated by two lights blinking from side to side) (If your speaker is not in setup mode, press the Nightingale for 5 sec)
- Open "Settings" and "Wi-Fi" on your Android device
- Connect to the speaker in Wi-Fi
- Open an internet browser on your Android device and enter 192.168.1.1 in the address line. Click enter
- You will now have access to speaker’s web interface where you can read speakers MAC address.