The Zipp and the Zipp Mini are equipped with a built-in rechargeable battery that allows for up to 10 hours of playback on a single charge depending on volume level.
Checking the current charge
To check the current battery charge, use either the Libratone App or short-press the power button on the rear side of the speaker. When short-pressing the power button, the charge will be displayed as white dots around the Nightingale.
Charge the speaker
To charge the speaker please use the enclosed Libratone power charger.
Charge time to full charge
If your speakers battery is low, charging fully can take up to 3 hours.
LED charging signals
- Pulsing white: Speaker is charging
- Solid white: Speaker is fully charged
Preserving battery capacity
To preserve your speaker's battery life, we recommend following these simple guidelines:
- If you are able to plug in the speaker during use, it is best to do so.
- When the speaker is running on battery power, make sure to plug it in when the battery indicator shows a low charge (indicated by a red dot in the battery indicator).
- If you need to leave your Zipp unused for an extended period, make sure to plug it in before leaving it.
- Use the original Libratone AC-DC power adapter only.
Additionally, the Zipp and Zipp Mini will also turn off after 30 minutes of inactivity to preserve battery capacity.
At Libratone, we solely use batteries of high quality, which ensures longevity and efficient power consumption. However, no battery remains unaffected by years of use, so if a replacement is ever necessary, a battery swap is possible at our service centre (contact Support for more information).
12V/24V power connection
It is not possible to connect the speaker directly to 12V/24V. Instead, use a power inverter to go from 12V/24V DC to 110V/240V AC, then use your original Libratone power adapter.