We're happy to announce we’re joining the smart home revolution by adding Amazon Alexa skill and voice integration to our ZIPP and ZIPP MINI speakers.
All free of charge :)
The roll-out will follow a 2 step model.
Step 1 - December 14th 2017
Libratone will release speaker firmware allowing Zipp and Zipp Mini to act on received commands (start, stop, skip, back, change volume) from Amazon Echo and Echo Dot.
Step 2 - First quarter of 2018
This time Libratone will implement full near field voice integration to the Zipp and Zipp Mini speaker. Tap your Zipp or Zipp Mini speaker and ask Alexa to play music, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information etc.
Install the new Amazon compatible speaker firmware 665 or later through Libratone App.
Connect to Amazon Echo Dot like this (Zipp/Zipp Mini):
- Open the Libratone App
- Press your Zipp or Zipp Mini speaker in SoundSpaces and press 'Settings'
- Press 'Edit Name' and change the default speaker name from "LIBRATONEZIPPXXXXXX" to "Kitchen", "Bathroom", "Living Room" or similar
- Press the 'Home' button (House) in the upper right corner
- Press the tree dots in the upper right corner
- Select ‘MY PROFILE’
- Tap on ‘Registered Products’
- Press the ‘+’ button down in the middle and select the speaker to use with Alexa
- Open the Alexa App
- Press ‘Skills’ and search for Libratone
- Select the Libratone skill and press ‘ENABLE’
- Log in with your Libratone account
- Tap on ‘DISCOVER DEVICES’
- All set
Feel free to check out this video as well :)